Friday, May 24, 2019

BIRD NEWS:486


My first photograph for today depicts a pair of goldfinches munching brunch on the bird feeder pole. One is eating nyjer seed whilst the other tucks into the sunflower hearts. My next shot shows teal and a farm duck on the pond I walk past when taking a stroll down Swillage Lane, a local track leading to the woodland in the locality in which I dwell.



On my way home after my hike, I spotted some show pigeons or doves on the rooftop at Norfolk House - one of the posh estate homes on Swillage Lane. The next shot is a treecreeper - but I cannot actually find it to give you a close up as although I know it was there when I took the photograph, I haven't yet found where it is when sorting thru my pictures at home afterwards.



The next photo is from the same excursion - to Leonardslee gardens with my best friend Liz, taken late April 2019. It shows a family of ducks on one of the multiple lakes and ponds in the base of the gardens. Plenty of woodpecker activity by the looks of this tree!



A greylag goose enjoys this pond, further along. Finally for today - another group of ducks on yet another pond at the gardens.

2 comments:

  1. The shot of the farm duck on the pond is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - i pass by more often without a camera than with, but....

    ReplyDelete