Sunday, November 3, 2019

BIRD NEWS:528


My final shot from the Arundel WWT trip was of this reed buntings nest - taken on the boat trip. My next trip was to Chichester - so regular readers will be expecting these guys in a few pictures - at the budgie aviary in Priory Park.



My first two pictures were of the budgies pecking about at what must have been recently added nesting material or food, both in a hanging tray and on the ground. I then focused on a couple of individuals that appeared to be as interested in me as I was in them.



This final shot from my trip is of a noisy lil fella who ducked out of sight when I raised the camera after previously chattering away crossly at me as if to say 'my turn, my turn!'



I was doing the washing up the day after my trip, when I glanced up and spotted a stranger bird sitting on the fence - assumedly a bedraggled sparrowhawk...

Finally - good news from yesterday, after the stormy gales swept through our county - HERE.


4 comments:

  1. I hope no birds were hurt by those gale winds, but that's a nice aerial view of Arundel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its just of the WWT reserve itself - or part of it - its the first turn off the initial 'robin' path if you go clockwise. (on the far right is 'almost' the bewick enclosure- just past the diving seabird area)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's nice to get an idea of where you go walking all the time. Maybe there are more overhead views.

    ReplyDelete