Saturday, November 23, 2019

BIRD NEWS:529


One last picture of the soggy sparrowhawk, now positively identified as such - and male. For my next excursion, I went solo walking from Worthing along the coast to Shoreham. My first photograph was of a bush of sparrows living in a former row boat.



I then found a crow that wanted to use the outdoor gym equipment, albeit to perch on rather than get fit. I approached Widewater Lagoon and spotted a pair of mute swans.



As I approached them, they approached me. Further along, a third swan was huffing about.



I walked a little further out of Lancing towards Shoreham and spotted a diving bird feeding below the surface - a cormorant!


Just in time for winter - HERE is a story about one particular robin.

2 comments:

  1. The cormorant is doing a Loch Ness Monster impersonation. :D

    I love those pictures of the swans with the fencing reflected in the water.

    ReplyDelete