Thursday, November 28, 2019

BIRD NEWS:531


I was still strolling along past Widewater Lagoon in the middle of October when i caught a gull with the egret in the above photo. I then spotted a pair of cormorants that were not diving for food, but at rest.



Well, maybe not so much at rest as sitting around actively preening!



I moved along a little further and went closer towards the water by entering the car park. This allowed me some better pictures of the pair of preeners. A gull snuck into one shot I took. I actually spotted 3 different types of seagull on this trip at the Lagoon.



Something smaller and with a bit of yellow on brown darted into this bush - but I didn't think I succeeded in capturing it til the second shot proved I had - it appears to be a warbler or reed bunting or...well, definitely NOT a sparrow!


4 comments:

  1. There are some interesting backdrops in these pictures: The white stone fence and what looks to be a deck of some kind with a bench on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its the backside of people's homes.some drop right to the water past a deck and others have huge gardens between house and water - depends on how far along the lagoon you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice place to own a home.

    ReplyDelete