Sunday, July 19, 2020

BIRD NEWS:582





Mr Bob regards his options at the feeder pole. I walked to the local garden center early in July - without my camera - but spotted a half dozen show pigeons munching in the pick your own fields, a skylark diving down behind the crops, and at least a dozen swifts bouncing about in the air on the other side of the path.


It is now July, and I began the birding month by taking a photo of one of my friends standing on top of the noisy-neighbor's van. I took a short wander into the woodland to try to cheer myself up a bit, so here is a piccie of Goggles on his pond.



Goggles was not alone. A mallard family were sharing his pond with him on this occasion. I was alone, so did not stay out long - but took one more shot of Goggles on my way home.


HERE is the link to an article about coo-ing and cuckoos.


On my next short trip I spotted a kestrel - at least, I think it is a kestrel - it was not close enough to tell for sure. Goggles was hiding in the pondside woodland as I passed him on my way up the lane - and on my way back home again shortly after.



2 comments:

  1. I like that really tall picture of Goggles in the pond. You should go back to the pick-your-own field with your camera. Sounds like there's a lot of activity there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be going thru it again in the next week or two as i need to go to the aquatic center on the garden center to inquire about pond liner....

    ReplyDelete