Wednesday, July 1, 2020

BIRD NEWS:580


Here are the dust-bathing sparrows again. Next up is Goggles - meaning another stroll into the local woodland at Angmering Park farms.



HERE is a link to a video I took to show the woodland between Swillage and Selden Lanes. It also demonstrates the sounds that accompany me on my hikes when I am solo, rather than trotting along with my best friend Liz. With Liz, I often chatter and miss the bird song - or have it as an undertone to our own conversation.


Here we see Goggles again, signifying the end of that little excursion. A change of scene now - this gull stands on the banks at Mewsbrooks Lake. It got to mid June and I was fed up of having no coffee-hikes with Liz. I needed both her company and exercise - the virus situation forbade the former, so I trotted off to Rustington, public toilets now open I was able to extend my trip beyond one shop and stroll the pond - a little - but not much as it was too busy.



This gull hangs with a pigeon on the banks, midst the buttercups and clover. On the island, we have some more waterfowl.




Also in the lake-park we can spot wood pigeon! I did try to take a shot of the swans with 6-7 cygnets - but I was too far away - too many kids crowding the area where they were. Back home, and the goldfinches were munching on the feeder pole still.


2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures on the banks of the lake, and the fence. That's a great video, too. Such a beautiful walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it was shot at one of the few places i can get to without a car...

    ReplyDelete