Thursday, January 27, 2022

BIRD NEWS:666

 



Liz and I could not decide if it were a heron, kingfisher, egret, duck....



My next shot was definitely an egret though!



Then we came upon a redshank...



We spotted a grebe like bird - and deduced it was a little grebe!



Though it was so far, it was hard to tell without bins!



A sparrow sized bird making a distinctively unsparrowlike sound - turned out to be a reed bunting and it stayed put long enough for me to get a few photos.



We also saw a meadow pipit, but I was not quick enough to capture it on camera. We saw a bankful of lapwing, a godwit, 3 different types of seagull, a golden plover...an enjoyable birdful day out!



My final photo for today is of a blackbird eating the berries on the prickly tree outside the kitchen window one morning Mid-December

HERE is the link to a meditative video of a starling murmuration.

2 comments:

  1. I love that shot of the Reed Bunting on the bush with the hill in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, finally one of my shot turned out properly....

    ReplyDelete