Saturday, January 29, 2022

BIRD NEWS:667

 




This is the blackbird in the tree outside my kitchen window again, taken mid december 2021. It is enjoying the yellow berries before anyone else can munch them!!



Also in my yard that morn, a young collared dove pecks ravenously at the dropped seed below the feeder station. It is not the ditzy dopey dove that meditates or snoozes but a youngster - learning whether or not I'm safe to be around.



Here you can see sparrows and blue tits enjoying the feeder pole above - also a couple of goldfinches, but they only flew down as I turned off the camera, so did not get in shot.



I then spotted a wood pigeon - well two actually - behind the pond. This one was dipping its beak and taking a sip - then staring about...whilst the other woodie was wandering between the front and back rows of plants.



Alas, he too disappeared shortly after, so no wonderful shots. The yard still has magpies, starlings, robin, great tits, etc...and sometimes my little grey wagtail pops to the pond to bounce about catching a few bugs. Despite there being plenty to see at home, I always enjoy an excursion - and the next trip Liz and I took was soon to follow.



On top of a neighbor's roof you can see a jackdaw, seagull, wood pigeon and 2 magpies...



Out next trip was to Warnham Reserve. Liz and I saw tufted ducks, mallards, 2 types of seagull...



In the hide, we spotted a heron fly in and start to stroll among the reeds just below the window.

2 comments:

  1. The pond and the birdbath in the yard look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoy looking at them....while washing up, doing laundry, etc

    ReplyDelete