Sunday, May 1, 2022

BIRD NEWS:692

 



On our return along the canal into Chichester, I took more pictures - including of a pair of swans building their 2022 nest.



...and a diving grebe.



It surfaced as it swum across the canal, for a better shot or two.



On our next outing, Liz and I trekked over Highdown Hill. A couple of people were staring at some pale greyish birds and on noting this we saw a pair of skylarks standing on the grassland!



The people did not seem to know if they were or were not skylarks - but Liz and I knew.



I took several shots so as to be sure to get at least one good one - I hoped.



However, one of my better shots was on our post coffee/gardens descent of the hill, when we spotted another skylark.



The skylark is an increasingly rare birds in the UK, and it is only karma/luck that has me living in such close proximity to a multitude of them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that last picture of the skylark in the field with the house in the background is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would have preferred a close up....but....

    ReplyDelete