Wednesday, May 18, 2022

BIRD NEWS:695

 



In this shot you can see it is a bird, at least. I can say quite certainly it was a marsh harrier - as we stopped and chattered to 2 separate people who had been watching it also.



Finally, you can see it clearer.



Once again, I tried to get a good shot of the marsh harrier....



I kept on trying, as it was such a rare chance to see one close enough for even this dumb camera to snap - I hoped.



I tried and tried....but each attempt the birds either dived out of sight or turned in the wrong direction.



I persevered....



In the end I gave up. Our trip was expected to begin at Church Norton, where we planned to park then walk along the marshy coastline to Pagham RSPB visitor center then explore. Our trip however went in reverse, with us starting at the old salt house harbour entrance and walking the coastline towards the visitor center, but skipping Church Norton - all because Liz took a premature turn and we started near Pagham church rather than Church Norton. We both agreed it to be a lucky error though, because not only did we see marsh harriers that otherwise we would have missed out on, but plenty more!



I have included a couple of post boards for info....that I snapped as we trotted along, so I could catch up on the info after returning from the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could go to a dedicated camera store and see what they recommend specifically for taking pictures of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont want to fork out a fortune - just want a small light point n shoot....like my old fujifilm...

    ReplyDelete