Tuesday, May 16, 2023

BIRD NEWS:765

 



I tried unsuccessfully to get a good shot of a treecreeper next. Then I took a photo of a stockdove. I have only seen them once before - in my own garden...they are quite rare.



Here you can see a pair of them. You can tell they are not wood pigeon - as they have green not purple necks, fatter necks, and no white stripe on wing or neck.



Nor are they city pigeon as they are larger and plumper. Here they are joined by a crow.



My next photograph depicts a male pheasant....and a robin. No, the pheasant isnt carrying or eating the robin - even if the picture looks like that. The robin is behind the pheasant...



Blue tit, goldfinch, and greater spotted woodpecker - all in a row!



They are soon joined by a second goldfinch.



From the heron hide we spotted one on land and one in a tree.



HERE are the birdwatch results from January.


2 comments:

  1. I said, "Those aren't city pigeons, those are wood pigeons." So, naturally, I was wrong. 😀 That's a great shot of the pheasant pretending to eat the robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well first thought was wood pigeons myself....til i looked closer....

    ReplyDelete