Tuesday, May 16, 2023

BIRD NEWS:766

 



There was a bullfinch in a tree. Then, on a feeder, we saw a chaffinch.



Our next trip was to Nymans then Leonardslee. We spotted a peacock in the shrubbery behind the potted plants.



It was just sitting there, doing nothing....



A fortnight later, Liz and I returned to Nymans then Leonardslee. This time we spotted a robin on a high hedge on one side of the ruined house at Nymans...



On the next section of hedge round the corner, we found a jackdaw posing.



At Leonardslee, we spotted a jackdaw with the wallbies.



We stopped at the bird hide and spotted several birds - one of which was a kingfisher that swooped across the lake out of sight. I had hoped my camera would pick it up - but I can't see it in my photo.



HERE is a link to an article concerning the royal occasion and how the former Queen supported swans...


2 comments:

  1. Nice shot of the peacock, and I love the giant hedges. And Wallabies! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of things to see on saturdays!

    ReplyDelete