Tuesday, October 3, 2023

BIRD NEWS:798

 



The last picture I took of the mixed flock of pigeon at Brooklands lake...with that one white fella staring at me as if he knew me....making me contemplate that maybe once he was one of my former flock...but maybe not - maybe just someone I once knew who was close to me come back as a bird.



The next series of pictures come from a trip Liz and I took to complete a 7 mile hike starting at Pagham Harbor, passing through Church Norton, before circling back through Selsey. There were masses of small darting birds, and we were wondering if they were house or sand martens...



...Alas, my camera failed to inform us. However, a bird watcher nearby said it was a group of house and sand martens and swallows also, flocking and preparing to fly overseas after spending summer in the UK. We did see them fly out towards the ocean, then swirl back, then out again....but my camera didnt manage to take a single decent shot. It had better luck capturing the mommy and teenage seagull on Selsey beach where we stopped for our picnic lunch/toilet break.



I then spotted some pigeons on the roof of the RNLI...but, as per norm, anything in the distance fails to appear without blur on my camera. The camera insisted on focussing on the chain fence instead, sigh.



After our walk, we passed through a hide at Pagham Harbor RSPB and spotted an assembly of great tit, blue tit, chaffinch, greenfinch, dunnock, and long tailed tit - which I ever hopefully attempted to capture by camera.



But once again, I fail to see what I tried to photograph. This darn camera decides to do its own focussing instead of JUST taking what it sees.



You might just spot a great tit - but not the greenfinch or long tailed tit in this last picture for today.



1 comment: