Wednesday, November 1, 2023

BIRD NEWS: 803

 




I continued to take pictures of a family of mute swans on the River Arun, testing my new camera's functions.



I am very pleased with this camera. It takes excellent 'point and shoot', which is what I need for birding.



Our trip was from Arundel, hiking along the river into Littlehampton and back this day, due to their being no car park slots on our original intended trip. Seeing this family of wild mute swans was excellent practice for me with my camera, though, so I was not dissappointed.



Forgive the incessant pictures of the same topic...I was exploring options for camera setting while I had subjects not likely to vanish.



They eventually went up the mini-estuary, from which we later spotted kingfishers emerge - but i did not get the kingfishers on camersa, as I wasnt quick enough to ID the flash as kingfisher before it was gone.



I just kept trying the camera on each setting - and everything went wonderfully extra I still havent mastered the zoom.



Swans, swans, and more swans....as I mastered my new camera.



2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I'm so happy that you finally found a camera that you like. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too...finally! i must remember not to buy any cameras that are not made in Japan - i only seem to get along with Japanese made ones!

    ReplyDelete