Friday, September 4, 2015

BIRD NEWS:75



Today, I will begin the photo sharing with a shot of Beatie munching minuscule bugs from my window pane. She came along to the tree with a host of youngsters and fluttered onto the sill and window for a while, munching away - including at the bugs in a web in the crack on the top open window.



Next up, I emptied the peanut container onto the table and refilled it - within five minutes we had 2 customers munching stale peanuts on the table - a pair of starlings and a pigeon.



Time was getting on and I had not made a trip to visit my monthly bird friends in Worthing and Lancing. Having a PT job most Saturdays for 30-60 minutes means I have to select my trip dates with less options now. Along came a free weekend, although due to a major incident at Shoreham airport, the 700 buses were unreliable.

I took a chance and took the bus as far as Worthing, which was fine. However, I did not linger on the beach, but walked to Lancing - just in case the 700's stopped at Worthing as they had the day before. Luckily - at that stage - they were running onwards, so I could have bussed anyways, but it gave me the chance to spend 30 minutes at Lancing Beach instead of Worthing this trip. What should I see - but big black birds...


4 comments:

  1. A big black bird on a nice pebbly beach. That's a great picture. He looks like he's showing off his profile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only wish i could ID those birds a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe there's a local bird watchers' club or something that could help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe.... probably better to buy a new bird ID book that covers all species with decent photos instead of cartoon-style drawings...

    ReplyDelete