Saturday, August 29, 2015

BIRD NEWS:74




Still on my Highdown trip, I took one or two more shots of those unidentified big black birds. I know they cannot be jackdaws due to not having pretty silver eyes, but they could be more or less any other 'big black bird'.


Here is a blackbird that is just a blackbird - much easier to identify! Parents and young were seen bug-pecking to one side as I walked over the top of the hill on my way home from the gardens. Regular readers may recall that the last time I took a trip up the hill, I came down and found a pair of pigeons on the fence near the windmill turning. Well, I came down the hill this trip and....



...yes, there they were again! They were on the same fence, so I assume they hang out at this pathway. If so, I shall probably have regular shots of them throughout the years to come.


My final photo to share today is a sad one. The local garden center where I have begun to buy my suet pellets - as they stocked a wide variety of flavors at a reasonable price - has closed. It has been holding out promising not to for a long time - but the pressure to sell must have finally got through. Housing will soon replace my suet-stash-store...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I always hate it when some nice, natural place like that gets developed. :(

    But I love the birds on the fence and the field full of black birds-- another scene that's like a van Gogh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah - a garden center becomes a bunch of houses - YUK!

    ReplyDelete