Friday, October 2, 2015

BIRD NEWS:80



I was coming down Highdown when I spotted some more birds to photograph - no, not the pigeons on the fence as I did not see those this trip, but more seagulls. They were following after a tractor that was ploughing a field in the PYO farm. Obviously some bugs or crop leftovers had attracted them, the same way they follow a fishing boat to catch left over bait/discarded fish pieces...


The following day, I was busily changing clothes from grubby jeans and t-shirt into track pants and skivvy ready to go out for the fourth trip of five, when I spotted a nosy face at my window. 'Chip chip cheeeeeeep, chirpy chip chip cherp'... Mrs Bob was peeping in DEMANDING food!



September arrived at its last week and I got a photograph of one of the sparrows on my tree. It was supposed to be a photo of it shelling a seed - but I was a fraction of a second out of time, so it just looks like a sparrow bending its head.

Next on the tree, Ditty! Ditty and partner can be told apart as Ditty does not have a bumpy feather patch on top the head and the partner does. Ditty and partner are beginning to become more regular visitors to the tree/my windowsill now that I am venturing to put out more seed/suet on the sill, hoping that rat problems are over and done with.


2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how the seagulls follow the tractor. I wonder if it's unearthing worms as it turns the soil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect it must be worms or some bug of some sort.... something tasty in the gulls' eyes!

    ReplyDelete