Friday, October 30, 2015

BIRD NEWS:85


I did manage to get one good shot of Naboo on this early October trip, though. As usual, if I wait patiently with camera out, he will soon settle down tired of rushing about to avoid it and snuggle into his bed - at this point I can grab a shot.


Bluey was as usual happy to oblige with yet another pose for me to capture. I then managed to capture Naboo soppily heading at his ball. Back home, and I got a rather poor shot of one of the wood pigeons on the bird table.



There has been very little activity lately, other than the odd hungry appearance of Mr Bob, Curio, or Ditty looking in the window at me hopefully. We still have some activity, but not as much or as varied, so things are settling down for the calm before the winter season approaches to bring out ravenous birds in starvation mode begging for me to put 'suet n seeds' on my sill.

I did manage to capture one more bird-shot as the clocks changed and October ran towards its close. There was a little face peeping in at me -



- Beatie tapped at the window a few times, trying to catch and eat a speck of dirt or indoor bug, then flew at the windowpane trying to catch a fly...but did not return when I put seed out.

4 comments:

  1. Probably got tired of bumping his or her nose. :D

    That is a fantastic picture of Naboo, probably the best ever. It's so cool to see a bird snuggling in a bed like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see him 'live' he sort of rubs his head feathers against the yellow blanket-bag all sopy then claws his head as if to scratch..... awsies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. You should get some video of him doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I don't often take videos - maybe next time i visit!

    ReplyDelete