Saturday, June 3, 2017

BIRD NEWS:337


One last shot of the heron, before I left the hide and made my way towards the boat jetty. I thought I would go on the boat trip again this time. This next shot was taken of a tufted duck that we passed on the ride - with partner who escaped the shot.


Next, I passed the Bewick swans enclosure to investigate upon their potential nesting behaviours. Well - that one was sitting down, but it did not look like it was upon a nest. The other one...

...was by a fence preening, being observed by geese. I had more luck at the Trumpeter swan enclosure - there was a nest!


It was right where they had built their successful nest last year, too - on the small islet in the lake. On this trip, whilst on the boat, we spotted a sedge warbler. Further along upon my trek around the center, I spotted another - I took a couple of shots - but there was only one that actually came out clear enough to tell it was a bird! If you cannot see it - it is dead center of the photo.




3 comments:

  1. Now that you've talked about pictures size, they're all coming out big. :D

    I love the swans on the little island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the pics should be big....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we'll see how they go this week....

    ReplyDelete