Tuesday, June 27, 2017

BIRD NEWS:346



Today, we start with the eider ducks. They were sighted on each of my three circles of the reserve in late May. Mostly, they stayed on the farside bank, but this pair went for a swim.


Looking up at the cafe roof as I came through between circles 2 and 3, I spotted some pigeons! On my third and final circuit for this trip, I caught a couple of shots of the diving ducks obtaining food.


Their feeding station allows them to tap at the yellow tag which in turn allows a few pellets of food to fall for the ducks to munch from the surface of the water. As I circled my final time for this trip, I caught some better shots of the shelduck family.

They were swimming nearer to the hide window on this circuit, so I was able to get some better pictures of the young ones.

2 comments: