Friday, June 9, 2017

BIRD NEWS:339



Yet another family of geese confronted me as I made my way further towards the cafe and exit. I soon progressed to the last 2-3 lakes and took a few last photos before leaving the wetlands center and heading homewards.



The info board will remind regular readers of the species if you have forgotten, and instruct new readers as to the identification of this duck. Next up, one of the feeding stations - this one frequented by mallards and jackdaws, mostly.


This little robin seemed quite tame - and just as interested in me as I was in him. It just stood there on the fence, watching me - and my camera - as I strolled past, stopping briefly to take the photo.

Another feeding station - and this one had pigeons parading around nearby. I was almost back to the cafe - where lunch and coffee had begun this birthday trip of mine. I might have stayed longer - though I had been there 2 hours already - but I had a broken watch strap and wanted to stop off at a small town on my way home to get a new strap put on - before the shops shut.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the spaceship is back. :D That picture of the little robin is fantastic, and I also love the birds among the flowers.

    This time all the pictures are bigger than my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there nare acutally three 'space ships' dotted about the site - i think...

    ReplyDelete