Thursday, June 22, 2017

BIRD NEWS:344





One last shot of the shelduck family - for now. Moving on, another information board appeared. I photograph these as well as the living birds in order to remember the information given as well as to share it with readers.


Oh look - on my way to the woodland hide I encountered yet another goose family wandering hissfully about. Inside the hide, I spotted yet another family; this group were learning to eat fallen seed pieces as the chaffinches and tits above dropped spillage below for them whilst messily munching.


Yet another family of geese wandered along the pathway, almost in single file, to join the bunch at the feeders. Below, you can see the arrangement - where geese munch fallen food while a chaffinch eats above dropping crumbs.


Later on, sleepy mallards replaced the geese. I in fact circled the reserve 3 times on this occasion in late May. I was on an all day excursion, so it was not just a coffee and single circuit wandering with perhaps a boat trip or lunch thrown in on this occasion. There were young ducks too.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why the geese are being so hissy.

    The pictures have all been big for the last couple of posts, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are hissy as they have young and are warning us humans to keep our distance from THEIR family.

    ReplyDelete