Thursday, July 20, 2017

BIRD NEWS:354 and kingfishers


Awwww, looks like smoochie time for these ducks - African shelducks, I think. And nap time for this pair - blackbacked radjah, if I recall correctly.

The answer to the question from my last post is these blacknecked swans.


What a crowd has assembled under the feeder station, here! Nenes, mallards, jackdaws...


Some of the jackdaws were not hungry, though - just wandering about the lawns. I took some photos at the next feeder too - with yet another assortment of birds. Mallards, jackdaws, but not nenes - instead - what appears to be a pheasant or partridge - definitely a hungry large game bird at any rate.



3 comments:

  1. Maybe what the human race needs to bring everybody together are giant feeding stations that look like spaceships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe in a couple hundred years time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it doesn't take that long....

    ReplyDelete