Saturday, July 22, 2017

BIRD NEWS:356



This pair of mallards and smew look content in the green waters on this warm summery day. Some of the lakes waters seemed to be a bit too green in places though - the sunshine bringing on the algae.

A trio of magpie geese caught my attention next. Back at the lake, I rested for a cuppa - relaxing and watching general water life, wondering where all the eider ducks had gone to...




This fellow decided to watch me - and my coffee mug, as if the china item and black liquid were food it could munch if it looked hungrily towards me.


As I left the wetlands reserve and walked through Arundel, I caught sight of more birds - this time on flags!


Back home, I had a visitor that has occasionally popped in this past year - the local woodpecker.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that closeup of the white bird is amazing.

    The bird flag is cute. It reminds me of how children sometimes misunderstand the words to the Pledge of Allegiance: "I led the pigeons to the flag...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I rather liked it too - but i like to post a mix of good and character shots - not JUST great pics - more interesting. yes, i thought i had out my camera away for the day - then walked past the flags lining a fence...or wall...

    ReplyDelete