Saturday, June 30, 2018

BIRD NEWS:417




The wood pigeons had been replaced by a crow, though the heron was still at his patch, fishing for lunch.



I was able to get several decent shots of the heron on my first solo trip along the canal, though the following day when I went back accompanied by Liz, the heron was not in sight - instead, a cormorant posed, dived, and reared up again fishing in the same spot. I was not quick enough to catch a picture of this bird though I had taken many of the heron the previous day.



I ended up taking a lot of shots of the heron on this first trip, primarily as I was not often this close to one.



Finally, for today, a shot of the lampost at around stage 2 of the walk - this time with a dove on it.

2 comments:

  1. That lamppost picture is gigantic. :D

    And those heron pictures are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought it cool tobe so close to the heron too - guess the resizer broke on the post?

    ReplyDelete