Monday, July 2, 2018

BIRD NEWS:418


Alas, the dove would not look at the camera... Back in the city, I went to the park to eat my lunch and here are a couple of shots regular readers might expect when I say I went to Chichester - budgies!



The next day, I was back on the canal trek accompanied by my best friend Liz. This time we spotted a lump of mallards.


My next excursion was in mid June to Arundel WWT. There were some major changes on this trip, mostly within the center - although 2/3s of the riverside track was closed for 6 months and the first change was that my plan to walk all along from the museum to beyond the WWT center was cut into 2 no and 1 yes. At the center a bunch more changes had occurred but I first sat at the cafe with a vegan raw food bar and large americano - watching the dozing eiders.



I then trotted off round the center. I came across notification of lapwing chicks - though I did not actually see any lapwings of any age on this trip. By the time I arrived near the third/fourth hide, I spotted a swallow sitting up in a tree.



2 comments:

  1. Ah, the budgies. That also reminds me of those parrots that you used to visit from time to time. We haven't seen those guys in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, |i havent been to see naboo for ages.... last time i was nearby, i was with liz and we were hiking along the seafront after coffee, so not the other side of the highway slipping thru a fence to greet the screech machine!

    ReplyDelete