Tuesday, July 3, 2018

BIRD NEWS:419



I barely troubled this snoozing duck as I walked around it on the path which it had decided to make its bed. The first major change I noted was the absence of the Bewick's swans - but their poster explained why and I planned to see if I could peep thru to see them later in my wanderings. My next noted change was the absence of the Trumpeter swans...



So, the former Trumpeter swan lake will now have the Black-necked swans as residents. Overall, one species of swan is no longer watchable and the other 2 interesting ones have been swapped location...


The next change was the closure of the reed bed hide, sigh - this was not a very productive trip, with river track closures, swan moves, and now a closed hide! I did however spot a pigeon on the reed bed hide roof!



I heard a lot of noise as I trotted further along the path towards the reed boardwalk and looked up to find a mass of black dots in the air making the noise....


2 comments:

  1. That last picture is gigantic. :D

    Lots of changes happening in the preserve. Hopefully the renovations will be done the next time you go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i plan on going back in either 2 or 3 weeks time - plsu again early August. i would go this weekend, but i have a flower show saturday and village garage sale trail sunday...

    ReplyDelete