Sunday, July 29, 2018

BIRD NEWS:423





The jay is still visiting us. In this next action shot picture you can see how it has leapt from the peanut feeder to the pole to munch a nut - it will soon be back for another nut, and another, and another....



Akin to a squirrel or blue tit, it may take a nut in its mouth/beak, reach a perch, then paw the nut, nibbling at it til its munched up. The first full weekend of July, I spent ten minutes at the summer fayre. That is where they have a birds of prey display and sometimes show - though whether they showed them in flight or not, due to the hot weather, I am uncertain. However, there were birds there to be seen.



On the Sunday, I was out on a far longer excursion hiking along the River Arun with Liz. We spotted a pair of buzzards, though by the time I recalled I had a camera and took it from my backpack, they had gone a little further away. Welcome to a pair of blurry buzzard pictures, sigh...


2 comments:

  1. The jay pictures came out really good. And the birds of prey are cool. I wouldn't want them to find me appealing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the jay still visited - havent seen it all week.

    ReplyDelete