Thursday, February 7, 2019

BIRD NEWS:459




I have a few more pictures of the water rail to start today's post with. This is the first time I have seen this bird since 2 winters back, where one was hanging out at the reedbed hide.



Eventually, I moved on - passing the Trumpeter swans again. They did not seem impressed that I had stood nearby and ignored them for a while, however and turned their heads away from me sulking.



I departed from the reedbed hide/wildflower station and spotted a blue tit investigating a nest box on the corner. It was either looking for winter warmth or an early bird searching for a nesting site.



I passed another robin board and progressed to the reedbed walkway.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the Blue Tit investigating the nest box. He's looking around thinking, "Is this really for me?" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do that - peep in numerous times - then go in a few times - looking around inside and outside - bit like us humans when we want to buy a new house, i suppose.

    ReplyDelete