Sunday, February 10, 2019

BIRD NEWS:461




There was a lot of splashing going on as I passed the waterfall cages - from the merganzers. I thought I had taken shots of both types, but only one variety came out.


I then approached the black necked swans. they seemed fascinated by me on this trip - and followed me along the entirety of their lake as I walked past.




There were of course other birds on their lake apart from them - such as these American woodducks, coot, etc. I passed another robin-board.


4 comments:

  1. What are the waterfall cages? I think I can see a little waterfall in the background of one picture, but why are there cages there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they keep the species in the area, rather than free roaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I thought they were free range.

    ReplyDelete
  4. some species are - others are kept at the reserve for breeding or due to rarity purposes.

    ReplyDelete