Saturday, June 1, 2019

BIRD NEWS:488



It was lovely to see the new pair in the Bewick enclosure - I had missed the old quartet of youngsters and the parents. According to the lady feeding them, they had only been there since Thursday evening - and it was now Saturday morning - so I was in an advantageous position to get them used to me and stood by their enclosure for some time, allowing them to observe me.



I eventually trotted along to the Trumpeter swan area before turning towards the cafe to warm up with a hot drink, as there was a chilly wind. The trumpeters had only just been fed...



As I sat in the cafe looking through the window at the cafeside lake, I spotted this lil fellow also attending to its belly. I THINK it must be a pied wagtail.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, so it's a new pair of Bewicks. I wonder where they came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. somewhere in this country - maybe another of the wwt resaerves - i think they have about 10 reserves - might be one of the young of last year returning with a new partner, even!

    ReplyDelete