Wednesday, July 3, 2019

BIRD NEWS:497



I next encountered a greylag goose family, strolling along a pathway they had laid claim to. I popped into the woodland hide briefly after trotting past the external woodland observation point - and spotted a harlequin duck munching dropped seed.



The Canada geese family seemed to have taken over this territory. Little ones poking around for dropped seed as well as adults - and a few young rats too!!



The next lake I arrived at was where the blacknecked swans hang out currently - along with a bunch of other waterfowl - including on this occasion a farm duck! Only one blacknecked swan was sighted - hanging out with American woodducks - no sign of the partner. I don't know if its nesting or sick or died.....yet!


2 comments:

  1. I hope the other Blackneck is okay.

    What's that big cagey-looking thing out on the water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a feeding station for diving birds - so the gulls dont munch their food!

    ReplyDelete