Saturday, July 13, 2019

BIRD NEWS:501



My next trip was another solo excursion to Arundel WWT. Before arriving at the Wetlands reserve, I stopped off at Swanbourne lake for five minutes and dozed along with some feathered friends. It was mostly coots and seagulls on this trip - though there were a few pigeons and ducks and a couple of swans present too.



They mostly chose to doze...in the warming summer air. Although, the pigeons seemed happier to munch.



It wasn't long before I trotted along to the WWT and got in as it opened at 9.30am. My first photographic stop was the Bewick swans!


They seemed to recognize me! I wandered along a bit before returning to see them again later. Finally for this post, a pair of Emporer geese.

2 comments:

  1. Swanbourne Lake looks nice. I think I would have dozed for more than five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i was just en route, at the start......so.....i just took a breather

    ReplyDelete