Saturday, July 13, 2019

BIRD NEWS:502




As I continued my way round the WWT Reserve, I encountered a bunch of red-breasted geese. At the next hide, I spotted a wood carving that I don't think I have shared with you before.



I don't think Canada geese can read!! This one might be a bit young to read signs, even if they could. Parent goose was very wary of me....


I was hoping this next photo would show me what the tall bird is - as it looked a bit like a heron, but not the usual coloring - possibly a stork or..... However, even with computer viewing, I cannot see for sure. I didn't take my noccies with me as I was going shopping afterwards, alas...



This pair of geese were lounging about as I moved around the park. The sign shows what they are called - but alas, the information did not come out in this picture.


Back home, and the peanuts are going down fast. I am not sure if the jay still munches, but I have seen several blue tits and great tits at them over the past week. Sparrows continue to eat the mixed seed, and I have noticed a goldfinch visiting the sunflower hearts and nyjer seed again this afternoon after not having spotted any for a while. I haven't seen anyone eat the suet balls for at least a week now though - the last muncher being a blackbird who stood on the ledge and reached up to bite at one.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting wood carving. I wonder if it was done by a park ranger or donated by a guest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will have to check-=see next time i visit - it did say, but i didnt take much notice.

    ReplyDelete