Thursday, December 5, 2019

BIRD NEWS:532


I looked back to the pair of cormorants and spotted a third! As two of them were bright black and white and the other two I had seen on this excursion duller, I assume the total is 2 young and two old...



Before leaving and making my way into Shoreham for a coffee, I took pictures of two signs relating to birdlife. While that brings me to the close of that visit, it is not the last photos of the lagoon I have to share - because a week later I went back for another stroll, this time in the opposing direction, prior to visiting a friend in Worthing hospital.


My first shot on the second excursion, this time coming Shoreham to Lancing, was of a trio of not cormorants but mute swans. One had cygnet plumage on - so I assume its mommy, daddy and youngster.




Not much further along, I spotted an egret. I wondered if I would also see the cormorants on this trip. I did!



Finally - HERE is a link to an article about wintering birds.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting article. I can tell you what seagulls around here do in the Winter-- they hang around the supermarket parking lot. I was just over there and there must have been a hundred of them, hoping that somebody would drop a shopping bag or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are like that world over - they hsng out trash cans, picnic spots, parks, food courts....

    ReplyDelete