Sunday, January 26, 2020

BIRD NEWS:548



But the trumpeter swans were there too - along with a coot. As you can see, it was fairly waterlogged on the grass area.



My pictures clearly show the female and male individuals - remember male birds have metal tags on their right legs - and, on this visit, the duo were more interested in me as well as their surroundings. Having an interest in swans and pigeons, it is good for me when the resident swans do 'accept' me as part of their environment. My last shot of the trumpeter duet also shows a stray mute swan swimming in THEIR lake.



I spotted action in the hedgerow near by - and someone had mentioned a firecrest....I was busily trying to capture the movement in case...but it ws so fast. I took a half dozen or so shots - mostly getting pictures of the bushes, but finally - one picture showed the elusive flitting bird - only to reconsider that it might be a goldcrest due to the eye.




Ok quiztime - what can YOU see in this picture - there are 2 species/3 ducks in the lake....what are they?

Finally for today HERE is a knitting pattern to knit your very own sparrow.

2 comments: