Thursday, March 5, 2020

BIRD NEWS:563



I entered Worthing seafront and spotted more than one pigeon eying me! Maybe this last one was one of the old beach gang I used to hang with a few years ago - otherwise it knew I loved pigeons or estimated my almost empty bag housed something edible.



Back home and the bluetits were queing up for brekkie. Along with the great tits, coal tit and jay - those peanuts do not last long with these fellows around.


My next excursion was taken early in March. Liz and I trotted around the WWT at Arundel on a mostly sunny but also cloudy morning. The first birds worthy of photography that we came across were a flock of pigeons - near the feeding station.



I took several photos of the show pigeons mingled with city pigeon flock. I had seen a large group of city pigeons when visitng a friend in Worthing hospital at the weekend - but had not taken my camera with me to catch a shot of them then. Luckily I had my camera in bag on this trip though - because I never know where we will head til I arrive on Liz's doorstep on a Monday - always a surprise with coffee.


2 comments:

  1. I love that shot of the pigeon strolling down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there again today - well along the prom a little bit the other side of town anyways.There were pigeons in the mall where Liz and I shopped.

    ReplyDelete