Sunday, March 1, 2020

BIRD NEWS:561




I will start today's post with some more pictres of the redshank I spotted as I entered Widewater Lagoon on my way towards Worthing from Shoreham.



I took rather a lot of photographs actually - just in case I couldn't identify it on the infoboard. I then spoted a herring gull hanging with blackheaded gulls on the next island along so took a shot of them.



I then spotted a trio of mute swans across the farside of the lagoon. I looked back at the gulls...


i was thankful that the weather had stayed reasonable. After sometime of 'wet n windy', we had had a couple of dry days and a light overnight shower. The day gave me clouds clearing and I took the opportunity to get out while I could, knowing full well that the weather forcast was for extreme gales and heavy rain for 36 hours, starting that evening/night. As I walked along further, I spotted a couple of blobs over the far side of the lagoon - assumedly mallards iItook their picture. On computerising the picture it does indeed appear to be a pair of mallards.

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice batch of pictures. The muted light of the cloudy day gives them a nice peaceful quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a positive view - i think they're somewhat grey and dreary, but...

    ReplyDelete