Thursday, March 26, 2020

BIRD NEWS:565



I managed to get the bird in shot - but not for very good photograhps. You can see that it is distinguishable by a bright stripe...



At least I got better shots than brown smudges in brambles, like on my last attempt. I was dissappointed not to get the crest color in shot though.


Next up, the Bewick duo - Miss Silvertag and Master Orangetag.


Once again, they were not in their own enclosure - but in the lake with the red breasted and  Emporer geese.


We then popped into the diving duck netted area and spotted two geese, one of which staggered about as if poorly or drunk, we noted. The ducks were mostly sunbathing on the island rocks. We saw he scoter, harlequin ducks and long tailed ducks here.

My final picture for today is of a trio of emporer geese swimming in their sunlit lake.

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice sparkly picture of the geese, and I love that little island with the mushroom rocks. I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with the staggering goose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it was just unused to its new home. the final visit i nhave taken shortly after this one told me why it was there and that its staying.

    ReplyDelete