Tuesday, August 8, 2017

BIRD NEWS:359


Another shot of the Trumpeter swans on their lake at Arundel WWT was next out the camera from my early July trip. Then I went into one of the hides and caught this picture of a group of geese all lined up, coming out of the growth and flowing into a group of ducks.



This shot was a flash of blue - a kingfisher - flying away - but the duck in the foreground came out visible, if the kingfisher was elusive. On this trip, I attended the diving bird feeding display, which I had not been around at the right time to do before. While waiting around 5 minutes for the talk/demo to start, I grabbed a couple of snaps of the birds we were to see dive.



They did indeed dive, and other occupants of the netted cage appeared also - a large pike sunbaking and snatching a snack, and an eel gliding past. Neither of these were supposed to be inside the diving ducks area, though! I passed a pair of pigeons on my way to the next area.



I went past the Trumpeter swans lake again. This time they swam over towards me. Maybe they have gotten to see me so many times, they think I am staff! On top of the next hide were some blackheaded gulls and a wood pigeon!


3 comments: