Wednesday, August 30, 2017

BIRD NEWS:363


My next trip was to Arundel, early in August. The first shot shows a bunch of dozing ducks I walked past on my way to the first two hides, followed by a shot taken of a heron from one of these hides.

I then passed by the Bewick swan enclosure - and they were there still on this trip - along with a greatly enlarged cygnet or two! I then disappeared to the cafe for a coffee - and took a shot of the eider ducks, once more swimming about the cafe-side lake, despite being a little drab due to summer plumage I assume - or maybe they are juveniles?


I will have to read up on the species to find out... Whilst at the cafeside lake, I spotted some other birds familiar to regular readers - pigeons!


Talking of pigeons, I recently came across an article concerning wood pigeons - HERE is a link to it for interested readers.


Todays blog will end with some pretty ducks.

4 comments:

  1. I love the shot of the pond with all the birds and the little building in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's another place where you take pictures from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes - i go min all the hides and can take photos from them - or, on my next trip - use the noccies!

    ReplyDelete