Monday, August 21, 2017

BIRD NEWS:360 and reed buntings






You may or may not be able to spot the great spotted woodpecker in these photos. I could not get a clear shot as it kept going behind leaves. Talking of hiding, this sunbaking blackbird cools off half hidden in a hedge.


Next up, a lake shot of the black-necked swans, female eiders, mallards, seagulls, and...other waterbirds. I was on my last leg of the site before leaving, when I passed this pair of Canada geese sunning themselves on the path.


Another info board for readers interest. A pair of mallards, black headed gull and 'other duck' share the next lake shot. A few twists and turns in the water later, and the gull departs, while another duck and a moorhen swim into view.



4 comments:

  1. I couldn't spot the woodpecker, but I love the green lake with all the different birds in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope the noccies my BF gave me wil help ME see the birds better from now on - if not the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you can't hook 'em together....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could stick the camer down the eye piece...but it may turn out a mis-take, lol

    ReplyDelete