Saturday, April 7, 2018

BIRD NEWS:402



A couple more shots of the eiders on the cafeside lake begin today's writings - followed by a comical shot of a black-headed gull munching something on the path.



The above shot is also unusual - in the fact that the smaller bird is not the young of the black necked swan pictured with it, but a different duck on the same lake. A clearer shot of the swan follows.


This baby duck does belong to the parents pictured with it. Continuing, another shot of the swan...


Can anyone guess what picture will start my next blog post? I will give you a clue - it is a goose from an endangered species that makes a loud noise and chases people if they come too close during mating season/young rearing.

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh, another quiz. :D I have no idea this time, but I remember one time when I was a little boy I was chased by a noisy goose in New Hampshire, so it must have been mating season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it was a goose, but....i already mentioned that!

    ReplyDelete