Friday, April 20, 2018

BIRD NEWS:406

I was going round the first pathway when I spotted this gull - emulating the strawless bird on the nearby roof. Not much further along was a grassland patch with ducks and daffodils.



A row of geese presented its napping selves to me as I turned towards the first turnoff. Not recalling the identity of the species, I made sure I took a shot of the info board when I located it later on - emperor geese!



You may search the picture here and miss the bird I intended to capture - mistaking my aim to be the geese. I had intention to capture the lapwing - readily visible by binocular, but only a spot or two in the lens. Next we come to the swans. Regular readers will recall that I generally start my photos with the Bewick swan family - well, the adult pair were still there!


Once again, the juveniles have vanished. I assume they have been selected to be added to a wild bunch or to another reserve, or maybe just released, due to the approach of the new breeding season, just as the trumpeters lost their 5 young 2 years ago.


2 comments:

  1. Whoa, those last two pictures are huge.

    I love the duck among the daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure why they came out that way! ahh...well more mallards in grassland coming up in a few posts time...

    ReplyDelete