Saturday, January 26, 2019

BIRD NEWS:454



Today I begin with two shots of the Nenes - AKA Hawaiian Geese - standing on wooden things. I was walking round anti-clockwise for a change today if you are wondering why the Bewick swans are not among my first shots.



In fact, the first swans I sighted were the duo of black-necked swans and a mute swan.



I then encountered a small flock of 4-5 long-tailed tits - but could not get a good shot as they flitted about too fast. I did manage to get a shot of a pair of thrushes perched in a tree near the reedbed hide, though.



Next, I reached the Trumpeter swan lake/field and sure enough my pair of pals came waddling across to greet me before I entered the hide next to their enclosure.

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice big picture of the Trumpeters. I also like the Hawaiian Geese standing on the little log and the wooden palette, or whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. more of both birds coming soon - as seen yesterday. i wrote up the blog posts from yesterdays pix this morning while it was raining out

    ReplyDelete