Sunday, January 27, 2019

BIRD NEWS:456


I looked - but as on the last few visits, only one parent Bewick swan was present. I have only just learned via email how the missing partner vanished - ages after writing the post.


I made my way along the last stretch towards the lapwing hide, passing the Red breasted geese along with a couple of other birds. I also passed the half dozen Emperor geese.


Birds I saw but did not capture on camera include a pair of lapwings, as they were too far from the hide to get a shot - though I was able to observe them via the noccies. On my way to WWT, I spotted a thrush and an egret - but both flew away before I could get the camera ready.



My next two shots were taken at Southwater Country Park, where Liz & I came across some birds that were too big to be crows or rooks, and were possibly some form of waterbird - indeed, when observing the pictures on the computer after our trip, I think we found a treefull of cormorants!



January 2019 continued, and I spotted our wren hopping about the stone slabs near the frog pond - out came my camera!

1 comment: