Sunday, June 2, 2019

BIRD NEWS:491



In the center of this mass of nesting and lazing seagulls, you might spot the lapwing. No sign of the oyster catchers though!!



This info board shows many of the waterfowl Liz & I have spotted on our multiple ramblings. Along with a couple of Canada geese heads, you can spot a grey heron in this next picture.



Back to the Bewicks. According to the lady feeding them when I first arrived, the female doesn't know where or when it gets fed yet - so its not surprising this pair were munching lunch in their pond having missed their brekkie.



I really hope they remember me when I go back again - being one of their first few encounters and having spent a little time standing watching - and popping back again - fingers crossed!


2 comments:

  1. I spotted the Gray Heron.

    So are the Bewicks able to come up to you if they want, or is there some kind of fence there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a waist high fence to keep them in their pond-area...

    ReplyDelete