Friday, June 7, 2019

BIRD NEWS:492



One more shot of the new Bewick swans situated at Arundel WWT. Just before I left, I passed another family of geese - in the picnic area. The younger were mostly munching - while the parent watched on suspiciously...



I just missed catching one gosling sticking its head thru the wooden bars and trying to escape towards me - it just obeyed parent goose and retreated before I went click!



The following day, Liz & I went to Wakehurst Place. We had planned to return to Leonardslee gardens - but Liz decided it might be more enjoyable to go somewhere we hadn't JUST visited a week or two before for our trip. Above you can see one of their lakes with a greylag goose on it.


A Greylag goose turns its back on the camera, while 2 species of duck stroll munchfully around our legs. As well as the Greylag and ducks, Wakehurst has other birdlife - plenty of pheasant were spotted on our excursion.


1 comment:

  1. These are some great pictures. I especially like the goose peeking over the fence and the lake at Wakehurst with the old building in the back.

    ReplyDelete