Saturday, June 22, 2019

BIRD NEWS:495



Here is our jay extracting a peanut. We now have jackdaws nesting in the chimney, so jays, jackdaws and magpies are lurking lurking around. This magpie is tucking into the fat balls.




My next excursion was a solo trip to Arundel, taken on the final day in the month of May. My first shots shows an assortment of birds hanging out with me at Swanbourne lake - where I popped for 5-10 minutes, being earlier than opening time for WWT.




At the WWT, my first photograph was not of a robin, as often is the case, but a family of Canada geese. My first stop, where I hung out for a few minutes, was at the Bewick swan lake - having not been able to bring my noccies on this trip, due to my plans to shop afterwards. Here were my new friends - orange tag and silver tag as I have named them, til such time as I am aware which is Mrs and which Mr Bewick and what they have been called!


2 comments:

  1. That's a big crowd of all kinds of birds on that lake beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its called swanbourne lake - and they used to have swans....and ducks - but now they get all sorts.

    ReplyDelete