Sunday, February 16, 2020

BIRD NEWS:560



Someone wanted to bid me farwell as I approached the exit! As I wandered across the bridge to the bus stop, I saw the River Arun swan family - this was my last snap of the day.



HERE is a video of the bluetits on my feeders - to demonstrate how rapidly they replace one another and why I am paying a fortune for bird-peanuts!!


The first picture from my next solo excursion is of a cormorant, sharing an island with a couple of gulls. I was back in Shoreham at Widewater Lagoon for non-regular readers information. I had taken an all day pass for the bus and gone direct to Shoreham for coffee & a wander round the markets - before walking back thru Lancing to Worthing along the coast - which passes by the lagoon.


It is also in my second shot of the trip, as I walked along a short distance. Next up a strange wader on the island near the gull island - I wandered back towards the info-board to identify it - assuming it was either a redshank or greenshank...



It was a redshank! I took a few more shots...


2 comments:

  1. I love that little island. I wonder if there is some way to get reimbursement or a discount for all the bird munchies that you buy, since you provide such a nice sanctuary for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. doubtful - lots of people feed the birds in villages. Liz and I soend a fortune for our 'wild pets'...

    ReplyDelete